Wednesday, December 12, 2012

So many cool events, so little time and money

I was browsing events yesterday and saw some very cool one that I'd LOVE to do now that I am expanding my running and riding horizons.  Here are a few of them.

  • Steamboat Stinger -  Mountain biking and trail running in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.  VERY NICE!!  My goal would be to complete the 50 mile solo mountain bike race, and then the 26.2 trail marathon the next day - to be crowned King Sting.
  • Cle Elum Ridge This 50K trail race in Cle Elum, Washington boast beautiful scenery along with challenging terrain.  There's approximately 7000 feet of elevation gain for the 50k.  I've go free accommodation, so why not?
  • Desert RATS Western Slope, Colorado.  There are so many things to do- 100K mountain bike event, a 25/50 mile trail run, and best of all, a 5 day run from Grand Junction, Colorado to  world famous Moab, Utah along the beautiful 148-mile Kokopelli trail.  
  • Firecracker 50  50 mile mountain bike race in Breckenridge, Colorado.  Sweet.
  • CELTMAN! Extreme Scottish Triathlon  3.8K swim in a loch, 202K bike, 42K run over two Munros...in Scotland!  I have to find a way to do this one someday.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment