Friday, May 17, 2013

Summer event season warming up

With the Greenland 50K in the rearview mirror, several more events are now on the horizon. The summer event season is now getting into full gear. I will be running the Colfax Marathon this Sunday, will ride the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic next Saturday, and the Longmont Sprint Triathlon the weekend after that.  The events will get progressively more difficult as the summer rolls along. I am excited about the Colfax Marathon. I will be running in a relay with my family but will actually the the whole thing so that I can pace with (I was graciously granted permission from the organizers).  It is a very pleasant event and take you into different parts of Denver than the Denver Marathon in the fall. I really enjoyed this course when I ran it in 2011. I've also run the half marathon twice, but they seem to change that course fairly regularly. We will be embracing our Scottish heritage this year and the would family will be running in Clan Fraser shirts and kilts. Should be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment